Monday, March 3, 2014

Don't BARGE In!!

بِسمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحمَانِ الرَّحِيم

Allo.

I have to do four reflections. Sorry.

But anyway...

24:27
O you who have believed, do not enter houses other than your own houses until you ascertain welcome and greet their inhabitants. That is best for you; perhaps you will be reminded.

24:28
And if you do not find anyone therein, do not enter them until permission has been given you. And if it is said to you, "Go back," then go back; it is purer for you. And Allah is Knowing of what you do.

Surah an-Newr, ayahs 27 and 28.

This is mainly an important message for Z, H, and Mom. They always barge into my room without knocking. I mean, I knock on H's door and Mom's door but they don't pay me back. And Z just barges in 'cause we're so cool and he wants to be with us all the time. But sometimes we don't welcome him. Maybe we're gonna have to put up a 'Please Knock' sign again.

Anyways, if you're at somebody's house and you've already knocked three times, leave. Mom says three knocks is maximum then leave. If the people aren't home or aren't answering, maybe it's good for you. If you're told to leave then leave, although that's kinda rude. If the door is open don't enter unless you're allowed to. And this is important. You can watch Surah Nur part 2 on Bayyinah TV for Nouman's hilarious story.

Anyway, this is a real good ayah to use since it's so-relatable[.tumblr.com] lel.

I should have mentioned on my other blog that S's laptop broke down. Like, completely. Mom keeps saying a laptop will fall from the sky. Maybe she's right. S said that was impossible. But I said anything was possible, if you have faith in Allah. [I didn't say that last part because S might scream at me for being wise.]

So, in the old days before the laptop broke down, I did my work on my desk. Then at the stroke of about 7:10 am, Z would barge in the door.

"Go away Z!!" S would say.
"Why do you always have to be here?" I would say.

Then he'd annoyingly sashay out.

Then other times Mom would barge in to tell us about something, like "I just blatted." Or "Jom smayang!" Or "GUYS! I just learned about a new hair thing that will make your hair nice and ..."

H doesn't really barge in, but sometimes he does. Usually it's for an important purpose, like trash.

Or stealing ice cream from the chest freezer.

It's kinda sad how we treat sweet food like a bad thing. Dad always screams when he sees ice cream cups in the sink. Like, if you don't like them there then why buy ice cream in the first place? If you're angry about us not washing the ice cream cups I understand, but seriously!!

Anyway, one time Mom and S and I were at El's house. We knocked thrice and then Mom told us about standing aside from the door after knocking because if they open the door and you're standing right there in the middle of the doorway then you might see something inside that you're not allowed to see. I think we left or El opened the door. I'm thinking of two separate incidents.

Then we went to Nh's house one time to give her some food, and when we knocked thrice, we went to her neighbor Asm, and told her to give the food to Nh when she returned home.

N

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any feedback or advice!