Wednesday, February 26, 2014

"Hey - what caused you to end up in there?"


بِسمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحمَانِ الرَّحِيم

Surah Muddaththir Ayahs 40-47.
74:40
In gardens, questioning each other
74:41
About the criminals
74:42
[And asking them], "What put you into Saqar?"
74:43
They will say, "We were not of those who prayed,
74:44
Nor did we feed the poor,
74:45
And we used to enter into vain discourse with those who engaged [in it]
74:46
And we used to deny the Day of Recompense
74:47
Until to us came the certainty."




Paradise dwellers will ask the dwellers of the fire, "Why are you in the fire?" The fire dwellers will explain. Because they didn't pray, feed the poor, or believe in the Day of Judgement.

Shows that this is what we should do if we're striving for Jannah. It's a matter of meeting the requirements.

When we're about to take a class, be it online or in-person, we need to be prepared. Like for my art class, I needed an assortment of pastels, Strathmore sketching paper, tape, blending stumps, a lily flower template, and tracing paper. I had everything and made it through class successfully.

Or a better example would be baking. If you leave one essential ingredient out, the product will either taste nasty or it'll sink. Or better yet, explode the oven. I one time was making soft vanilla drops. They were drop cookies. The batter was too drippy, [dunno why] so I stirred in about a cup of oats. It fixed up the batter. The cookies turned out nice but huge and a little sickly. Mom liked them though. They tasted a little buttery though. And that was because I used spread butter instead of baking butter. So the cookies tasted a lot like... eh. No explanation. But I can still taste them.

In the early days of post-moving here from my old state, me and S and our friend MymH took a cake decorating class at Hobby Lobby. I remember this one ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly ugly cake I decorated and it was extremely ugly because I only made one layer of cake and I didn't know that I was supposed to have a second layer.

Hey - I was about eleven years old! And at that time wasn't really interested in domestic doings.

So it was a one-layer chocolate cake with pink frosting as pink as the average cat's nose - so it was a not so pretty pink. Like so:~
http://cats-paradise.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/macro-cat-nose.jpg
Okay, maybe not so accurate. It was as pink as your flesh after peeling off burnt skin. Da flesh, right H?

So it was that color, and my other frosting colors were a dark barf green, a normal yellow, and a bluish purple. Yeah, I still liked colors, but just didn't have good color sense, unlike S. MUST BIG SISTERS BE GOOD AT EVERYTHING.

My cake was ugly, but the only nice thing was the roses, which S did because she claimed I'd ruin them. Here's a pic of it:~
http://nadiaschooldays.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/nwiltoncakefinalcombns.jpg
Snapshots of my very ugly one-layer chocolate cake..... >_<
via nadiaschooldays.wordpress.com

Do you see what I'm SAYYYY'N?

So I failed the best looking cake contest [which existed only in my mind] because I didn't meet the requirements. I had the frosting and a cake layer.

ONE CAKE LAYER.

HOW HILARIOUS IS THAT.

And get this!! I didn't even level the top so the cake was roudn at the top. The whole thing was like a hideous pink pig missing its needed extra layer of blubbery fat.

"Why did you fail the best looking cake contest, N?" asked my red blood cells.
"It looks fine to me," said my pinkie finger bone.
"Stop trying to be nice!" muttered my brain. "You know it's the ugliest creation ever. If you must know why, I failed the contest because I left out one thing, which was another cake layer."
My red blood cells and pinkie finger bone nodded understandingly. So did every other organ and muscle and blood cell in my body. Even the viruses.

S had apparently won the contest. "Why did you lose, N?" asked H.
"Cause I didn't have a second cake layer," N said.

"Heahea!" N didn't have a second cake layer and that's why it looks ugly heahea!!" Then he bounded away before N could attack.

--

Anyways. Ehem. That excerpt was an example of the Jannah people asking the Hell people why they ended up in the fire. Not saying I'm a Hell person, and not saying S is a Jannah person either. Ehehehe.

Anyways S needs to steal my computer so I end my post here.

~ReflectorN~

4 comments:

  1. Actually the cake doesn't look too bad! I love how you related this to your examples. About meeting the requirements - that's a nice way to look at it. So then what should we do to meet the requirements of Jannah?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anona,

      Why thank you. To meet the requirements of Jannah we must feed the miskin, believe in the DoJ, and pray. And of course do a million other good deeds with effort. And wave away the temptations. And hold in anger. And hold in jealousy. And have gratefulness.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful writing N, my light! May Allah make you of the people of paradise. Hugs

    Mercy J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mercy J,

      SALAM!! Thank you and may He make you of them as well. :D

      ReflectorN

      Delete

Please leave any feedback or advice!