Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Well There's No Need to Get All Sensitive....

بِسمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحمَانِ اَلرَّحِيم

Ayahs 10 and 11 of Surah Muzzammil.


73:10
And be patient over what they say and avoid them with gracious avoidance.

73:11
And leave Me with [the matter of] the deniers, those of ease [in life], and allow them respite a little.
[73:10-11]
~♥~

When we get teased or made fun of, we lose it. Right? Unless you're a patient person, sure. What we shouldn't do when pestered is go all crazy and get sensitive about it. They say patience is key. True. When you're being teased, deal with the matter with patience, because Allah will deal with it. Leave it all up to Allah.

I can remember a lot of the times I was teased back when I wasn't so... how shall we say this... brave? Nah, that doesn't fit right. Spunky and feisty would be right.

So, way back when I wasn't so spunky and feisty... I was this sensitive, friendless, quiet kid who got very touchy when it came to teasing and being made fun of.  I have anger issues. If you hit the spot, I'll attack with my physical strength. It can get really bad. :P I don't do that now though. Instead, I throw insults. Or I throw my stuff and they break.

When I visited relatives in Malaysia in 2010, they teased me and S a lot about the 'boy' matter. Ugh! The problem with old relatives is they don't think what it felt like when THEIR grandparents/uncles/aunts asked them about that dumb matter. I remember it lead me to the extremes of tears :P. I know, really crazy. Sure, it's 'Just Teasing!' Me and S and H have issues with the whole process of people liking one other. Look, I can't even write that word which is the main antonym of hate.

We call that whole bunch of words 'nasty.' Such as...

The opposite of:
  1. divorce
  2. hate
Then there's 'nasty party', 'nasty friends', and 'nastiness.'

THERE'S MORE BUT I WON'T SAY. ANYWAYS THAT'S OFF-TANGENT!!!

So me and S and H came back from an indoor amusement park and had just returned to Gramma's house. Gramma and Gramps and Uncle Z and the other uncles were eating at the table and me and S and H were getting ready to sleep 'cause we were gonna have a sleepover at Gramma's house. Then I forget how it it happened, but Gramps was teasing me and S about.... y'know.

UGH!! I wanted to go crazy and murder anything in my sight!!

I tried to not let them see I was crying through a fake smile. Then I went to my sleeping place in the living room so they wouldn't see me anymore.

End of the pathetic story.

Then in 2011... S and H teased me and even Mom!!

They know the story. Key words are soup kitchen and green guy. It's Mom's fault because she took the picture.

But NOOOWWWWWWW.... I've introduced myself to the act of ignoring and the act of going along with the joke. It's painful sometimes.

But anyway, I sound like some mature, emotional-breakdown girly-girl. I'd better stop. Bye.

-ReflectorN-

2 comments:

  1. LOL so how should you have reacted based on the ayah?

    Ummi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grr. I should have been patient and avoided y'all graciously and left it up to Allah. Those who make fun later have their act backfire on them.

      Delete

Please leave any feedback or advice!