Thursday, February 20, 2014

The Good Friends and the Bad Friends

Sourate el-Moumtahena, aaya 9.
A'oothu billehi meenash shayTaani ar-rajeeme...

60:9
Allah only forbids you from those who fight you because of religion and expel you from your homes and aid in your expulsion - [forbids] that you make allies of them. And whoever makes allies of them, then it is those who are the wrongdoers.

 Do not friend those who are against Islam.

You are in a summer camp.You have fun and eat the given-out snacks. You become friends with your classmates. But as the time for prayer comes...
I glanced at the clock on the wall and read the time. Five minutes to 4:30. Asr prayer was 10 minutes ago.
"Excuse me," I stammered. I began to get out of my seat, but my classmate stopped me.
"Where are you going?" she asked.
"To the bathroom," I said. It wasn't a lie. I had to make wudu', anyway.
"Oh, okay," she said, and let me go. I left the classroom by permission of the counselor and went to the bathroom to make wudu'. Then I took my prayer rug out of my bag and walked down the hall to the stairwell my dad had told me to pray under. I was almost there, when my classmate came walking by, on her way to the bathroom. She saw me going to the stairs.
"Did you go to the bathroom yet?" she asked.
"Uhh...yeah," I said.
 "Then what are you doing over there? Why didn't you come back to class?" she asked. "Don't you think it's fun?"

"Yeah," I said truthfully. "But I need to do something. It'll take only a few minutes, I promise you."
"What is it?" she asked.
I couldn't make any more excuses. "I need to pray!"
"Pray? Why would you need to pray? It looks funny. Don't do it. Come to class."
I knew she was wrong. But I was missing class. And it was almost Maghrib. I couldn't postpone this any longer. 
"Okay," I said. I could make it up when I got home, anyway. I followed her to the classroom and stayed till the end of class. But it was terrible, knowing that I had missed prayer. And even worse knowing that I had listened to my classmate instead of Allah.
So you see what I'm implying here.  Just to save yourself, you shouldn't listen to those against Islam, and sometimes those people are among the Muslims. If you do listen to these kinds of people, you are of 
EL-ZAALEMOUN.
Do you want to be of these people?

-ReflectorN-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any feedback or advice!